Friday, August 22, 2014

Night Goblins into Hobgoblins (Part One) . . . or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Greenstuff

I needed three hobgoblin minis for my Chaos warband.  However, these old minis seem to be particularly hard to find at a reasonable price.  At the same time, I did randomly happen to have a box of the newer Night Goblins minis, as well as as an itch to try to do some simple greenstuff sculpting.  So . . . 


Cut apart parts for three goblins from the regiment sprues.  There were 20 goblins but only enough swords for three minis. Luckily, that was all I needed.

Globbed on some greenstuff to the torsos.

Used an Exacto Knife to smooth the greenstuff and blend it in to the kilts. 

Smoothed out some more greenstuff to lengthen the necks.

Check for fit . . . .

and add the heads.

I've managed to turn a goblin into . . . well, a taller goblin.  Still too short for my tastes.  So . . .

Off with their legs.

Balled up six lumps of greenstufff.

Lengthened the lower legs.  

While letting the greenstuff harden, I drilled some holes into this guy's head and worked in some Chaosy horns poking out of his hat.
And that's where I left it for the night.  Stay tuned for the conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment