Sunday, December 28, 2014

Project Overload and 2015 New Year Resolutions


I have a serious ADD issue when it comes to gaming projects.  Too many plans, too little focus, resulting in too many unfinished projects.

Now, having so many options can be a good thing in . . . there are so many aspects of miniature gaming in which one can engage depending on one's mood.  When I'm bored of painting, I glue together some plastic models.  When I get bored of building models, I can make terrain, or read a new rule book, or read a Horus Heresy novel, or check out eBay, or read blogs about all the foregoing.  Once in a while, I can even get in a game.

But, when I survey the detritus of my basement workshop, I see that the cornucopia of gaming options has led me down too many dark, one way alleys.  It is time to regroup, and refocus.

My resolution for 2015 is to complete each and every one of the following projects, which are currently stalled out.  Here we go, from the least-to-most work remaining:


Dark Angels
Not a glamorous project, but I picked up these termies and a libby from the Dark Vengeance box set, over a year ago on the cheap.  I painted them tan and that was it.  I need do a quick and dirty paint job, just to get them off the desk.  Low hanging fruit.

Rogue Trooper Horus Heresy Army
Over the last year I've picked up enough Rogue Trooper era models to finally put together a small army.  I've got a Predator, Whirlwind, Chaos Dreadnought and a mess of termies and marines.  I'm planning on painting them in a Heresy-era Death Guard scheme, mostly 'cause I like the pretty colors - and I'd like to do a lot of weathering on the minis.  At this point, the project is all painting, though I may pick up a few more models.  
  
Scratch Built Warhound
I'm more than a year (or two) into scratch-building a Warhound Titan.  The main work left is to build the weapons (I'm tempted to buy, just to get over the hump), add a bunch of details (lots of rivets!) and the painting.  Also, I'd like to share on this blog some of the techniques I used in construction, which may be useful for others.

Necromunda Terrain Board
I've blogged about this project a few times, and made a fair bit of progress since starting this past summer.  Nonetheless, there's still a lot of detail and painting left (not to mention work painting up four different warbands I have in the queue).


Super pumped about this one.  Genestealer Cult!  Still needs a few minis to complete the collection.  And maybe a scratch built limo!

The centerpiece of my Genestealer Cult will be a retro style walker.  I will need some help from the OldHammer community on getting more background on the inspirational model . . . watch this space!

So that's my Top 5 projects to finish in 2015.  I know I'm not alone, so what projects are you going to pledge to finish in 2015???

No comments:

Post a Comment