Thursday, April 19, 2018

The Old World In Hexagon


Per my prior post, I'm working on a DIY Mighty Empire set of tiles for a Warmaster Campaign.

My loose inspiration, in part, will be the Empire of the Old World.  To start sketching out the plan, I overlaid a hex field onto a map of the Empire:

There are about 28 tiles here that need to be made.  I don't plan on following the layout religiously, as I will try to keep the hexes geomorphic.  But I thought this would be a good way to break-down the different tile types I need.  

I see something along the lines of:

Costal Tiles:           6
Mountain Tiles:     13
River Tiles:            7
Woodlands:            5
Plains:                    4

That comes to 35 tiles (which means I'm counting some double), but it looks like a decent mix . . . other than too Mountain heavy?

Here's me playing around with a printed copy of the map, along with the counters I made:

Now that I've got this up, I'm actually wondering why I'd even need to make Mighty Empire tiles.   Well, too late now, my OCD has kicked in! 

1 comment:

  1. Rains and outside moisture can dampen this soil, and in turn can seep through the walls of the basement causing potential water damage and all the other problems associated with it. Chicago basement remodeling

    ReplyDelete